Do you know these persons

I found in the back of my hymnal the name of Jerry Sinclair who composed one
of the hymns within it.  He was born in 1943 but no death date given.  I
have written to his music  publishing company in Valencia, CA but that
doesn't mean they will cooperate.  If no one knows anything, perhaps there
is one of you living near Valencia that could go over and rattle some doors
for us.

Also could someone send information about the Sinclair that the Sinclair
Hwy. near Pleasanton, CA is named after?

Laurel