[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Re: Malcolm Sinclair
Use Babelfish at
At 03:23 PM 26/01/01, you wrote:
OK, I found it and
have put a picture on our web. Is there a way to get the
information in an English translation.
- ----- Original Message -----
- From: Niven Sinclair
- Cc: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; RL@agneberg.uddevalla.se ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; Erling Johansen ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; mailto:
- Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 11:46 AM
- Subject: Malcolm Sinclair
- If you tap into www.poland.com and look for Malcolm Sinclair via a search engine
- and click on kamienie sinclaira (the Sinclair stone) you will find some excellent
- information on the fate of Malcolm Sinclair on the 28th June, 1739 at the hands
- of Russian officers.
- It is even suggested that the French merchant, Couturier, was a Russian agent
- which is the first time I have heard of this theory.
- The web pages also contain some excellent photographs of the monument.
- It would seem that there is a lively interest in this story which augurs well for
- our plan to restore the monument and more than justifies your decision to
- contribute financially towards that restoration.
- Good reading.
- Niven Sinclair