Re: Malcolm Sinclair

OK, I found it and have put a picture on our web.  Is there a way to get the information in an English translation.
Laurel
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 11:46 AM
Subject: Malcolm Sinclair

If you tap into www.poland.com and look for Malcolm Sinclair via a search engine
and click on kamienie sinclaira (the Sinclair stone) you will find some excellent
information on the fate of Malcolm Sinclair on the 28th June, 1739 at the hands
of Russian officers.

It is even suggested that the French merchant, Couturier, was a Russian agent
which is the first time I have heard of this theory.

The web pages also contain some excellent photographs of the monument.

It would seem that there is a lively interest in this story which augurs well for
our plan to restore the monument and more than justifies your decision to
contribute financially towards that restoration.

Good reading.

Niven Sinclair