Re: Sinclairs in Ga. and Moore Co., NC

>Dear Christine,
>    Please join a genealogy society in Georgia.  If they are like our
>local society, you will find amongst their collections old genealogy
>records that previous members left there.   You will be able to access
>those and maybe find a clue.

Here are some of the more prominent ones:
<ul>
<li>
Georgia Historical Society</a>
the oldest and perhaps the broadest, located in Savannah
<li>
Huxford Genealogical Society</a>
publishes a series of books and a quarterly, located in Homerville
<li>
Ellen Payne Odom Genealogical Library</a>
extensive Scottish collections and a newspaper, located in Moultrie
</ul>

>Also I assume you have left messages in the Georgia State and county
>databases about your quest.

Dept. of Archives and History</a>

>  Greetings all,
>
>    I had found my Boissy Sinclair wife of Jesse Carver Ware Co.
>Georgia. I am praying that after a long time what I found is correct. My
>information goes back further to Moore CO. North Carolina.

Several people whom I have copied are researching a Duncan Sinclair
who emigrated from Argyll, Scotland to Moore County, NC.  From there
on to Georgia was a fairly common emigration route.

> Her mothers
>name was Elizabeth Mund and her father was a John Sinclair.

Could you post your sources for this information?

> Am wondering
>if Boissy was not a nickname that stuck with her and maybe she also was
>an Elizabeth. But once again that is where my trail ends, so the search
>is still on. I know I am missing some little something some where that
>is of vital importance and am begging for help from anyone that may know
>something. God bless lena she was going to try to help but havent heard
>from her in almost 2 months. I have an 85 year old uncle that keeps
>waiting for me to turn something up, as he say's sometime before he
>meets his maker. LOL I am so determined on this search that my family
>and I are moving to Georgia in about 2 weeks, and will go to see if I
>can find her burial site. Also research all libraries in Georgia and
>North Carolina. I am not whining but sometimes I feel very lonely on our
>Sinclair site. Did someone not tell me we were cousins when I first
>joined ? I can't remember who it was, but it seem's like it may have
>been John.

Yes, we are cousins.  Jesse Carver who married Boissy was my g4-uncle:

John Sinclair QUARTERMAN
mother: Laura Elizabeth HARGREAVES
father: Leon Abraham HARGREAVES
father: Leon Abraham HARGREAVES
father: Abram HARGREAVES
mother: Rhoda CARVER
brother: Jesse CARVER

So you and I are approximately fifth cousins.

Not only that, but if Boissy was a Sinclair as your research indicates,
and given that all the Sinclairs we know of in Moore Co., NC were Argyll
Sinclairs, the connection you're making would indicate that Karen Matheson
who is descended from those Argyll Sinclairs is also our cousin.

The Sinclairs of my middle name came from Thurso to Georgia, so there
would also thus be a very indirect later intermarriage connection
between my Caithness Sinclairs and the Moore Co. NC Sinclairs from Argyll.

> My emotions are becoming ridiculous I can't even listen to
>the pipes anymore with out crying, whether it be happy or sad. This is
>so very important to me and I am still a novice, someone please help me.

Most of the U.S. Sinclairs on this list are descended from a John Sinkler
who emigrated to New England fairly early.  We Georgia people are rare
on this list.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@matrix.net>