Niven, re temper et al

Niven wrote:
<You qualify. The 'temper' bit clinched it.  Change your name back to Sinclair.>

My friends describe my personality as "intense".  I think they are being very kind........  ;o)

I have another question that is perhaps a bit off topic, for the Scots on the list................my g-g-g-g-g-grandmother's maiden name was Glasgow (Agnes), married to John Snoddy.  I cannot find my Snoddy line past this generation right now. Agnes' parents were Hugh and Janet Kilpatrick (possibly Patrick) Glasgow.  Is the surname Glasgow a place name or was the city of Glasgow named for a family?

Sincerely,
Rebecca Snody