The Highlander

I just received "The Highlander" Nov/Dec 200 issue.
There are two articles that may be of interest to my cousins.
1. An introduction to the old statistical account of Scotland (1791-1799).
The article, written by Maisie Steven, talks about the work of our Sir John
Sinclair of Ubster with a brief overview of how the information was gathered
and what type of information one can find in it.

2. The Scandinavian Connection, written by Bowen Pearse. Is an account of the
August 1612 violence that befell Georg Sinklar at Kringelen. It states there
is a painting titled "The Landing of Sinclaire in Romsdal" in the National
Gallery in Oslo.

Donald Sinclair (Indianapolis)