Re: William Douglas/Egidia Stuart

Kihei used to be one of my favorite haunts  I am an attorney and have good
friends in Maui that still live there (they used to live in Kihei- in a
house that is no longer in existence-they now live in Makawao).  I can't
even imagine Makena these days.  I remember the dirt road and our drives all
around that end of the island to/from Hana. Sadly, one of my best friends
who was an expert scuba diver was found dead near where the Ulapalakua road
goes down to the ocean (I can't remember the name of the place.) Police
didn't seem to say-but it didn't seem natural causes to me.

On a happier note, I saw the messages after mine that were about William
Douglas.  You may be interested to know there is a book on Scottish royalty
history that traces roots back to B.C.(quite bizarre).  It is too late to
call my mother to get the name, but I gave it to my mother last Christmas.
I will try to get the name for you.  Where do you branch down from William
Douglas?  My grandmother did a lot of our research.  She has Egidia marrying
Henry, Earl of Orkney and Caithness.  Their child is  Eleanor sho marries
John Stewart, Earl of Athol.  This continues down to John Henry who
emigrates to Hanover County, Virginia.  He is the father of the "give me
liberty or give me death" Patrick Henry.  Our family seems to be a bit
"outspoken".  I get a lot of jokes about this in my profession.

Is this your line or does this info help.  I have more but don't want to
bore you.

Also, my records have Egidia being both the wife and daughter of William
Douglas.  The Egidia that married William Douglas, is the daughter of Robert
II, King of Scotland and Euphemia Ross, Countess of Moray. Robert II is the
son of Walter the High Steward and Marjery Bruce (daughter of Robert the
Bruce). The daughter Egidia marries into the Prince Henry family.

Caroline