Pick yourself up

Bravo again Niven.

After reading many of the lastest posts quietly, I have to say something. I came from an abusive family, we were poor. I remember nothing to eat but potatoes for a few weeks. I left home at 17 and have never been back. I worked and attended college at the same time. I married a wonderful wife who came from a very stable family. Together we have built a very satisfying life, with strong careers, and a conservative lifestyle.

So don't tell me that my Scottish blood has caused mental anquish, but rather that was the blood that drives my work ethic and determination to be a better man.

Pick yourselves up by the boot straps and demand to be better, morally stronger and true to your word.

Donald Sinclair (Indianapolis)