bookstores, etc., in Edinburgh

Anybody know a good bookstore in Edinburgh?
By good, I mean in this case with for example a complete
copy of Barbour's Bruce in the original Scots,
or a detailed history of Edinburgh architecture,
or other books that don't necessarily have tartan
on the cover.

Restaurant recommendations also appreciated.

And if anybody has suggestions for Sinclair sites
in Edinburgh that I might not have thought of.

(Yes, we're already scheduled to go to Rosslyn
at the end of the week.)

John S. Quarterman <jsq@matrix.net>