Fw: HAPPY TO MEET, SORRY TO PART, HAPPY TO MEET AGAIN.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, August 06, 2000 1:44 PM
Subject: HAPPY TO MEET, SORRY TO PART, HAPPY TO MEET AGAIN.

Dear Friends,
What seems but a short time ago, Margaret, Viscountess Thurso, requested Malcolm Caithness to chair the meeting of the Clan Sinclair Caithness. During that meeting, Lord Thurso and Lord Caithness suggested that something special should be done for the Millennium.
What the committee took on board was the "2000 Gathering", little suspecting the amount of planning and organising that was to come.
I was then the new guy on the scene and quite content to sit back, listen and learn. Learn I did, and very quickly, for before I knew what was happening, I was voted onto the organizing committee, there I meet the most dedicated team of workers I have ever had the pleasure of working with, Lady Margaret, who chaired the meetings and never seemed to tire, in spite of the serious hip injury, our secretary, Kay Dunnett, who kept us all informed of every move that was made, again, even though laid low with the serious leg injury, she never wavered, our treasurer Nicky Sinclair, who had just taken over the reigns at Strathmore Lodge, with her husband, the Hon, Patrick Sinclair,  had so much work to do of their own, from heating, wiring and decorating, setting up the dining facilities/kitchens etc. But, they were still there when it mattered.
Ruby, Maureen, Donald, and David, all Sinclair's, and dedicated to the clan chief.

It is now a small piece of Sinclair history, but I could not let it pass without paying my respects to such a dedicated team of workers, who I was privileged to join.

And now to the visitors who joined the pilgrimage to Gods country, you were the kindest with your complements, you were the most generous with your donations and purchases, you were to most tolerant with our weather, particularly, the winds of Noss, { I hope the wee warm up dram helped }.

From all the team who worked up at Noss,very best wishes from,

JOAN, LESLIE, RON, EUAN, SHAUN, JIM, and OLWEN.

Yours Aye

IAN of NOSS