Re: Books

Dear Friends,

The work done by Frederic Pohl in respect of the voyage by Henry St Clair
and the surviving Zeno brother was vital in bringing this matter to the
attention of the world. However, having said that, he made several serious
errors and was not at that time party to information regarding the Newport
Tower that has only recently cometo light. But, bearing in mind these
andother limitations in his reserach, his work is still a good introduction
to the story - as is the more recent Sinclair Saga by Mark Finnan.

Andrews book, The Sword and the Grail is not among his best and we certainly
cannot accept his ideas regarding the venetian cannon under any
circumstances. These weapons were in general use until the 1540s and there
are a large number of them in a variety of sites on the Eastern Seabord of
America, which entirely invalidates his arguments built upon that somewhat
shakey premis. Nonetheless, his book still has considerable merit - but not
in respect of the Henry Voyage.

The book we are completeing, which has een re-scheduled for publication in
the autumn of next year, has the balance about right in our opinion. It will
upset the American Academic establishment, who promote the view that there
was no European contact with America before Columbus, almost as much as it
will distress those who believe that Pohl's work is a form of 'Holy Writ'
that cannot be questioned. In other words, we have written a work based
solidly on fact, repscted scholarly opinion and hard archaeological work
done by our goodfriend Jim Whittal, which can be defended against any
argument. Our opinion is, of course partial, but you will have to wait
untill publication day to form your own opinion.

Best wishes

Tim