Re: Friction

Dear Rory, How good to hear from you, speaking a bit
of French, no less.  I haven't heard much of that
language on the list, but am gratified to hear from so
many places and people, and to have the acceptance of
one another so generally felt.  I think the current
concern about differences may be a temporary thing.
On my Dean side, I know that although the original
Deans in America came from England and/or Wales, we
now include people from many backgrounds.  It is a
special treat to me to discover Scottish ancestors.

As for my reference to the quote from Jesus, I accept
your explanation. However, I also believe it is the
resulting thought that counts, not the literalness of
the translation.  Therein lies a bit of difference in
our points of view.  That's OK.  Thanks, Bruce, Long
Island