From: Lena A Löfström [mailto:lal@algonet.se]
Sent: Wednesday, 21 June 2000 16:48
To: sinclair@matrix.net
Subject: Re: Leif Ericsson and such...

I'm actually very surprised to find that most of you point out that the
knowledge of Leif Ericsson being the fist to discover North America is
due to  "new information" and considered as a "correction to history".

I'm not the youngest on this list nor am I very very old but somewhere
right in the middle I think and I have NEVER been taught, in school or
in any other way, anything else but that Leif was the first.... so the
information can't be that new..... or maybe it's due to the fact that
I'm a Swede and as Sweden is a Scandinavian country we got it right in
the first place??

Maybe this just proves what I have always believed.... "a fat is a fact
is a fact" is just a myth and that what's a proven fact is in one part
of the world is not necessarily so in other parts.........

Did you by the way know that runes (the viking alphabet) was used as
late as in the 19th century... in North America!

All the best
Lena

> Here is a message to me from my daughter, Andrea, a new clan member.
> Laurel
> ========
>
> > Dear Mom,
> >

> > Just wanted to let you know that just two minutes ago on Hollywood
Squares