Re: Leif Ericsson and such...

When at Primary school in France, i was taught (...and I've still got my
Primary history book to prove it!), that 'Our Beloved GENERAL DE GAULLE' won
the Second World War!
My Secondary Schooling was in a 'Public' School in Britain where I was taught
that the war was won by the 'Force Majeure' - that's to say, several key
Nations setting aside their ideological differences, (temporarily, and using
the outcome to establish their own ideas, perhaps!) to wipe away an Evil....
Which is the truth?
Peter de Loriol chandieu