Re: Sarah (Johnson?) Sinclair

Hi Kozy

>From many sources, I collect any Ontario Sinclair information I can get my hands on,
then file them by the counties in which they settled.  This is what I have in my Middlesex County file for your Sinclair/Johnson enquiry(source-Wanda S.)

John SINCLAIR, married Effie  (nickname for Euphemia) JOHNSON.  She was the daughter of Archie J. and Margaret McMurphy.  Effie died 1893.  They had 3 children:
Archibald, Lachlan and Sarah.
Notes for John S.  Immigration: 1820 from Coire Buide, ARGYLL, Sct.

Sarah married Peter McVICAR.  2 Feb 1841 in London District, Upper Canada.  She
died 1901.
Reference:  "Some Sketches of the Early Highland Pioneers of the County of Middlesex, page 37-38.

I'm not sure if this is John Sinclairs son, Archibald or not:

Archibald Sinclair, died 19 Jan 1851.  He married ? in 1829.  They had 1 child:  Alexander Sinclair, residence - Mosa Township.
Note for Archibald:  Reference:  Heir and Devisee (under Jobert Johnston) 40-3551, MS657, Reel 66.

WAKE UP ARGYLL SINCLAIRS!!!  Can anyone get farther back for John Sinclair?
Does anyone know where Coire Buide, is?  Rick Sinclair (CndHound) - do you have
anymore information for Kozy in your Middlesex research?  Did you ever find a copy of "Some Sketches..."?

I hope this helps you, Kozy.
Toni Sinclair
Niagara, Ont.