Re: St. Margaret & Freemasonry's Past

Dear Neil, Laurel, and to anyone else who is interested:

I have been following the same process and I too have many friends who are
researching Masonic studies with me.

I would like to have you pass this on to your friend, Neil.

The following message I only sent out a few days ago.

Yours, Jerry Gibbons <templar@net-link.net>

---INSERT---

Dear Pierre G. "Pete" Normand, Jr. 33 Degree:

I really enjoy meeting other Masons who share this same interest in finding
out more about our Western Civilization's ancient past.

Are you a member of the (North American Masonic) York Rite bodies?

Your editorial, "An Overview of the Mystery of Rennes-le-Chateau and its
Effect on Masonic-related Writing" from "THE PLUMBLINE", Spring 2000 of the
Scottish Rite Research Society, should be copied and printed in the monthly
"Knights Templar" magazine.  I've been wanting to do it myself but what you
have written is
just perfect for the members in these other Masonic bodies to read.  Would
you be willing to do this or can I do the foot work for you, myself?  I
think our Michigan Grand Lodge "Point to Point" magazine would find it
intesting to reprint as well!

And I am looking forward to your next installment!
Please read my other comments.

On 04-Jun-00, you wrote:

> Dear Jerry: Thank you for the continuing correspondence re:
> Rennes-le-Chateau, etc. Yes, I have visited Rosslyn Chapel (as well as
> Rennes-le-Chateau).

My Grand Lodge (Michigan) will be going to Rosslyn Chapel in two years.  I
wish I could travel to more to these far away places!

>I am fascinated by the whole story and the many
>alleged connections: Templars, Cathars, Jacobites, Stewarts, >Merovingians,
Grails, Shrouds, and Freemasons.

I too have read many many of these books dealing with these same topics.

(I really do not think that any historian from any traditional school will
ever believe and/or lower himself to consider a Scottish/French connection
through the Sinclair family.  But how can they turn a blind eye to it?)

I am also buying many old books and other items on <eBay.com> by searching
under the word "templar".  A few days ago I received two books written in
French about the Knights Templar in France.

> There is no one connection in all of
> western history that I would rather see proven than the
> Templar-Freemasonry connection. But, until the had proof is laid on the
> table I simply must reject the writings of authors who begin their books
> with the assumption that the proof is evident. Unfortunately, it is not.

What sort of proof do you really need?

First, without going straight away into the book, "The Temple and the Lodge"
you can not ignore John Robinson's thoughts in his book, "Born In Blood" on
page 61 and 62 can you?  376 pages of very good scholarship without even a
picture!  John Robinson was a true Medieval Scholar.

Secondly, see pages 14 and 55 of the ROSSLYN CHAPEL booklet by the Earl of
Rosslyn Published by the Rosslyn Chapel Trust in 1997.  Where you will see
the evidence carved in stone about a Knights Templar connection with
William St. Clair who's family is well connected to Freemasonry!  And then
the famous Westford Knight carving on page 52 and Prince Henry Sinclair.
And then there is, "The Masons and the Rosy Cross" by Robert Brydon. (I had
to send away to Scotland to get these booklets!)

Have you read "Prince Henry Sinclair" by Frederick J. Pohl which was
originally published in 1967?  ISBN 1-55109-122-4

The most compelling book complete with pictures, "The Temple and the Lodge"
of
course you must have read?  I understand how you might feel about using
Baigent and Leigh as a good source ... but the pictures alone should give
proof of a Templar-Masonic connection go see the pages of photos between
pages 2 and 3 (#1-#6), pages 66 and 67 (#7 and #10) or pages 145 and 146
picture #25.

Have you read "ROSSLYN" by Tim Wallace-Murphy published in 1999?  ISBN
1-86204-493-7  The author is easy to converse with by e-mail and I will
send him a copy of this e-mail so he may contact you about getting a copy
of your Editorial.  You should read his book.  He has just about to
released another new book about the subject of "Rex Deus".  Now this
subject IS getting into an area where I am not at all comfortable.

> I don't believe that academic historians reject these notions "out of
> hand." Rather, I see them asking for the proof and the substantiation that
> they must apply to their profession. They are meticulous, and they must
> be. Because, when new evidence comes to light, and it is published by the
> academic establishment, the reading public must be able to trust it. They
> cannot command that trustworthiness if they "go soft" and start accepting
> all the many conflicting conjectures that come down the pike from the many
> "popular" authors who find Templar fingerprints on everything from the
> Shroud of Turin to U.F.O.s. I personally, believe that there may be a
> Templar connection with the Shroud of Turin.

Yes, I believe there is a connect between the Knights Templar and the Shroud
of Turin, too.

>And reading the conjectures
> and speculations are fun! And I do read them! But I'm disappointed when
> those books don't provide the proof I am so hungry for. I often wonder why
> my fellow Masons are as hungry for the proof as I am, and why they are so
> easily convinced by conjecture.

However, some of this really seems to make sense.  I think that "Myth" is a
reflection of an important "Truth".

Consider this...  When I read, "The Sign and the Seal" ISBN 0-671-86541-2,
by Graham Hancock, I really thought it was just another great story until I
happened to stumble on a video called, "The Quest for the Lost Ark of the
Covenant" #6529. One of a four volumn set entitled THE HOLY QUEST in search
of Biblical relics, 1996 Newbridge Communications, Inc. (Forget about the
"other" Lost Ark videos this one is the best of the lot!)  This video
mirrors the Sign&Seal book.  Graham Hancock is in it where he actually
takes you on a tour of Ethiopia and you actually visit the 12th century
rock-hewn church of Saint George at Lalibela in Ethiopia (picture # 29
after page 120) to see on page 120 the Knights Templar "Croix Pattee"
contained within the Star of David written in stone on the ceiling in the
arch.  It IS a most amazing story.  And one in which you will need to check
out!  If you read the book I could make you a copy of the video.  The video
probably is not available any longer.

Speaking of videos ...

You must have seen the "Unseen Journey" available from our Knights Templar
Grand Encampment Recorders office?  It mirrors "Born In Blood" to a certain
extent.

Have you seen "The Templar Legacy" (30 minutes or more) by First City Videos
for the Friends of Rosslyn?  Or "Templar Renaissance" (30 minutes) by
Timons Films?

> Fraternally,   --P. N.
------------------------
Pierre G. (Pete) Normand Jr., Editor of "The
Plumbline", a quarterly publication of "The Journal of the
Scottish Rite Research Society",
He can be contacted by <PeteNormand@aol.com>
Post Office Box 10434
College Station TX 77842-0434
Phone 979-693-6526

Regular membership is open to any Scottish Rite Mason in good
standing. Special memberships are available to libraries, lodges,
organizations and persons desiring to receive the publications of the
Society.

The Scottish Rite Research Society also publishes a set of books called the
"Heredom" series.  New editions (volumns) are written periodically on
various Masonic subjects.

Questions concerning membership should be directed to the Executive
Secretary, Plez A. Transou, Post Office Box 1850, Dallas, TX 75221-1850
Phone 214-748-9196.

Maybe there is a better explanation why these "new" ideas are not accepted
by traditional historians, but I think they are not ready to upset the
status quo and be labeled otherwise.  Perhaps, they just can not get out of
their bubble?

Fraternally Yours, -- Jerry Gibbons, 32nd degree and a Knight Templar, too!
(Not to mention the Royal Order of Scotland!)

Regards