Drams and Chanters. To Donald H. May 29th.

Hello Donald,
                   Rory is certainly correct in that 'Eastern' pipes do not enjoy a good reputation amongst pipers. Persevere by all means, but for long term satisfaction, you may be better to change them for a set from a traditional Scottish manufacturer. (The old saying about the sow's ear and the silk purse probably applies here!) You would learn a lot about setting up reeds by following manuals (all good experience) but I would prefer to invest my efforts into setting up a better quality instrument.
Good luck!
John McI.