Re: Races of Man

At 00:45 24/05/00 +1000, you wrote:
>And fortunately, the women know better.... <g>
>
>At 11:47 PM 23/05/00, you wrote:
>>>Sinclair,
>>>
>>>Guess it would take a drunken whiskey drinking Scot to come up with this
>>>statement :-)
>>>
>>>Annie
>>>

>>>P.S. Sometimes one race will act as if it is superior to another.  Only
>>>in the case of Scots is this true- we are clearly superior to
>>>everyone.  Those of us Scots or of Scots descent have known this for
>>>centuries.  The rest of the world has simply been failed to be informed
>>>of this.  While not actually a race of man, we are a unique breed of
>>>man.  It is probably the result of good whisky...........................

So called "good whisky" has probably ruined more good Scotsmen than any
other single
factor.

We, Scots'  are supposed to "like whisky"; to be "hard drinkers"; and to be
able to "hold our booze".

Nothing could be further from the truth.  The quicker we rid ourselves of
such erroneous
nonsense, the quicker we will regain our sobriety and our sanity.

I speak from experience.  I was an alcoholic who drank, on average, a
bottle of whisky
every day.  Mind you, in Africa it was only 10/- a bottle but, as far as I
was personally
concerned, it could have been £10 a bottle (as it is in the U.K.) because
it was the
No 1 priority in my life.  We drank when the sun went over the yard-arm.

Fortunately, I saw the light and gave up drinking alcohol before I ended up
in an early
coffin or, worse, with a wet brain.  It wasn't easy but it was worth it.

Drinking is a serious problem in most Western countries.  We play with fire
if we
pretend otherwise.  It is not a joking matter as many wives and children know.

Sorry to be such a spoil sport but Sinclairs are particularly prone to
excess when
it comes to drink.  It does nothing to improve them.  It just makes them
bigger asses
than usual.

I speak as the master jackass of all time.

Niven Sinclair