Re: Sinclair History

At 10:32 10/05/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Ray writes; "One of these fine days, we will have a body of evidence which
>will delight
>all those who follow" to which we will all say "Amen" but our difficulty,
>as Ray rightly
>points out, is how to organise the vast amount of material which is
>already available
>and, equally importantly, (1) how to sift the wheat from the chaff and (2)
>how to present
>it in a readily accessible form.  The technology is there.  The
>information is there. The
>need is there.  The know-how is in the hands of the whizz kids who can
>handle any
  amount of data and put it into a form which the rest of us can understand
and retrieve
  at will.  Lena and Margaret and Mary and John and Lauren and others are
all out there
collecting and compiling the Sinclair archives.  Will we ever be able to
marry them up?

My grey cells are no longer what they used to be.  (Come to think of it,
they never were).

We need another Roland St Clair to compile another "The St Clairs of the
Isles" but, this
time round, we will have to call it "The Sinclairs of the World" because
the World has
become our oyster.

Niven Sinclair

P.S.

For one of those inexplicable reasons, the first half of the above message
was transmitted
before I had time to complete it.  Baffling, inexplicable, infuriating.  My
computer hasn't been
bitten by the "I Love You" bug but rather by the smug "I will do as I
please bug".  It must be
a female.