Re: Kringlen - QA

At 23:30 21/03/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Dear Niven,
>
>do you by any chance know if there are any records of the ones that
>where captured and then imprisoned at Akers Hus in Christiania? I know
>there where some 18 scottish soldiers, one of them are said to have been
>Alexsander Ramsay, who survived the battle and that they where all
>captured.
>
>Some days ago I received e-mail from a swedish lady who is searching for
>her husbands ancestors. She claims that one of the captured soldiers did
>escape and went over the border to Sweden where he settled as a farmer.
>She does not know his name, but she does now that he had red
>hair(!)..... and his decedents was named "Red-Hair-Peter" and so on...
>The surname they took up was Haller. The family tail is that they
>originated from Loch Lomon or somewhere near.
>
>Best regards
>Lena

I will send you the latest book which was published about the massacre at
Gudsbradsdalem.

There were certainly survivors.  All the officers except Colonel George
Sinclair
survived.  His wife, Lady Sinclair, and her child survived.  When the child
died,
she adopted a Norwegian baby.

When I can put my hands on the relevant papers, I will get back to you.

Niven