Re: Sinclair sites

At 22:45 01/03/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Also, I heard something about a Templar church in
>London.  Could someone tell me where it is?
>
>The Temple Church is in Fleet Street a short walk to the east of the
>intersection with Middle Temple Lane.  The alley way off of Fleet Street
>which takes you the short distance south down to the Temple Church is just
>about opposite to where Chancery Lane intersects with Fleet Street.  Further
>to the East is St. Pauls Cathedral of Christopher Wren fame.  Who knows; you
>might see the little lady from "Mary Poppins" feeding the birds.
>     When I think about Temple Church it reminds me of the beginning of the
>BBC video with Henry Lincoln (co-author of Holy Blood, Holy Grail) standing
>among the effigies of patrons to the Knights Templars as he introduces his
>viewers to the mysteries of these warrior monks.  The church is a must visit
>if you are interested in Templar history.  It was badly damaged by the Nazi
>bombings in W.W.II and the interior is largely restored.  The basic
>structure of the church, however, dates back to the 12th and 13th centuries.
>The church has been a place of worship for over 800 years having been
>consecrated on 10 February 1185.  The church served as the chapel for the
>London headquarters of the Knights Templar until their suppression.  The
>oldest part of Temple Church is of the same circular design found in all
>Templar Churches, a reminder of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in
>Jerusalem.
>     Please enjoy your visit and be sure to also visit St. Pauls.

Henry Sinclair would also have seen (and worshipped in) the Templar Church
when he visited  London in 1392.  He would also have passed the round
church in Northampton* (and stayed with his relatives there) on his way South
to London.

He was also familiar with the round churches at Orphir and at Egilsay in
Orkney;
with the round churches at Nidaros (Trondheim) and Tunsberg in Norway and
with the five round churches on the Island of Bornholm in Denmark where was
was Ambassador from 1363 to 1365.

In other words, he had ample knowledge of this type of building - the octagon
within the circle - sacred holy architecture of which to model Newport Tower.

Niven Sinclair