From: JULIE HEDRICK <JHEDRICK@usagroup.com>
To: sinclair@mids.org <sinclair@mids.org>
Date: Monday, February 28, 2000 6:42 AM
Subject: Re: Sinclair Generals

>I would appreciate any info or books on Major General Patrick Sinclair.
>
>I was married on Mackinac Island before I knew of my Scottish Ancenstory. A
few years later when I returned for another visit I realized Patrick
Sinclair, the commander of the fort, was of Scottish descent and maybe was a
possible relative. I purchased a book from the book store there called "Fort
Michillimackinac during the War of 1812". This book is about life at
Michillimackinac fort and Mackinac fort. Patrick Sinclair's story is in 9
out of 12 chapters of the book. Needless to say, he had a temper.

>Patrick Sinclair had designed the fort on Mackinac Island, and it was built
by a highland regiment.

>A side note to mention, while I was on the Island reading about Patrick
Sinclair, my brother, Don Sinclair (Indianapolis) was traveling through
Lybster, Scotland (birth place of Patrick) and stopped to take a picture of
the memorial. Not a coincident.

>Julie Sinclair Hedrick

>At 14:05 26/02/00 -0500, you wrote:
>>Dear Niven:  Would you kindly post sources for the  study of the
>>Longformacus branch of the
>>Sinclair family?  Thanks!
>>
>>Gail Mottola
>

>Your postal address, please Gail
>
>>Niven Sinclair wrote:
>>
>> > We have had a series of Sinclair Admirals and Generals.
>> >
>> > The ones which are of principal interest to Americans and Canadians
are:

>> >                         Major General Patrick Sinclair of Lybster
>> (Ulbster Branch)
>> >                         Major General Arthur St Clair of Thurso &
>> Pennsylvania
>> >                         Major General John St Clair of  Stevenson
>> (Longformacus Branch)
>> >
>> > The two principal British Generals in the last war (1939 - 1945) were
Field
>> > Marshall
>> > Lord Alexander of Tunisia and Field Marshall Lord Montgomery of
Alamein -