Re: Where did THAT come from?

OK.

I am usually just an observer on this list and I know better than to get
involved in a political discussion, but....

To all of you who do not live in the United States there are many of us who
think that Ronald Reagan was a brainless buffoon.  I still am flabbergasted
that even a toad voted for him.  It is a sad commentary on the intellectual
capacity of the voters of this country.

In summary, I apologize for this political comment.  In my defense, I cannot
sit idly by when someone makes a blanket statement praising someone whom I
find abhorrent and alleging that "we Americans" all feel the same way.  I
know that it is often difficult to add a disclaimer to every statement, but
we must remember that the individuals on this list, as well as the Sinclairs
of the past, hold widely divergent views.  And everyone has a right to his or
her opinion, no matter how stupid and misguided :)