Re: Where did THAT come from?

actually Don, Laurel started the discussion with this harmless note...: )

Sinclair,
                  I was just talking to Don about the phenomena of the Scott's
mark on history this
              morning.   I believe that this can be seen among the Jews that
escaped from Germany and all
              the other places before that.  I read that the descendants of these
Jews became a remarkable
              race through the selection process.   Those that were smartest and
had that spirit of
              preservation got out of Germany right away thus preserving very
intelligent people.
                  Could the same be said for the Scotts?  Those that were smarter
and strongest were the
              ones that survived the British, etc.  by snatching up whatever
opportunity came to leave and
              make their mark in life.  This would have drained much from the
genetic pool of Scotland
              perhaps.
                 As ever,
              Laurel

and it dovetailed in from an enquiry from Sinclair about United Empire Loyalists,
or maybe in response to it...I think Niven and Jenny hold the day, though...