Re: Where did THAT come from?

oops sorry Donald - you're not the first to question what is going on in my brain
at any given time...and my friend, I'm mistrustful of everything...including my
brain...

    the discussion was about the potential pitfalls of defining one cultural
group as being better than another...they were opposite ends of a spectrum of
people who rallied support by insisting that the human beings of their (in this
case National) group were the bigger-faster-strongest of them all...with
extremely different methods and outcomes...it's like saying "People who are male,
like etc"...or "Males who lead their country, like etc"...they both fit into that
group - that doesn't mean they bear comparison in any other way...

                That Reagan did positive things is beyond doubt...and that Hitler
was despicable is just as apparent...but we can speak the name of Stalin without
spewing our breakfast...and he was a blood sucker as well...we kick around Philip
The Fair's name without hitting the bottle and there was a man among men...

            Hitler is example of where some people choose to go when one group is
defined as being superior to another...my thesis is to be ware of such
pursuits...for just the reasons you cite...

                We probably would have traded you Brian Mulrooney for Ronald
Reagan and George Bush uphere...but it would be close...

                               and like a Sinclair  needs an excuse for a
scotch...
                                        especially on February 23rd...

                                                                    sorry Donald,

rob

and ps. my pick is Gorby for the person who most brought about the end of the
clod (sic) war...Ronnie looked a little confused most of the time...