Re: corn

Laurel;

>>Can we build a case that since the stone carvings of North American corn
depict the corn growing upside down, this indicates more authenticity?  <<

This is a topic which has been and is being debated by many more
knowledgeable than I.  I do not believe anyone has emphatically stated these
carvings are "Corn"  The term maize has also been used during various
discussions. Maize would be a relationship to native folklore.

>>The carvings in the chapel are not abstract and rendered as life-like as
possible so there would not be the temptation to carve things any other way
then as natural as was known at the time.  Right?<<

Not necessarily "Right".  The theory that the stone masons carved the item
so it best fit must also be looked into also.

>> Did the Mi'kmaq grow corn?  Maybe not.<<
Supposition is no way to build proof.  Maybe they did!!!  Most likely they
did as Miqmaq and other North American folklore speak of maize in their
religious teachings.

>>  Henry would have seen the whole growing cycle and known about them but
maybe forgot to mention it. <<

Forgot to Mention it ???  I was unaware of any actual memoirs of Henry
Sinclair which is the reason the actual proof has been so difficult.  As far
as seeing a full growing cycle, if memory serves me Henry would have been in
Nova Scotia and New England long enough to see enough to know the actual
growing cycle and proper appearance.

>> I don't know where I am going with this. <<

Your ideas are very good.  As I stated earlier, they are being discussed and
have been discussed by many, 185 members of a Rosslyn mailing list is one
group, and until a great deal of actual fact is presented and investigated,
I do not think we can "build a case that since the stone carvings of North
American corn
depict the corn growing upside down, this indicates more authenticity?".

When Dr. Tim Wallace-Murphy's book is published on this subject, I hope it
will address some of these questions.

Perhaps Niven could weigh in on this topic.

Regards,

Gary M. Sinclair