Re: James Sinclair b. abt 1644, wife Jean Spotswood b. abt 1648, dau Helen b. 1670

At 14:28 16/01/00 -0800, you wrote:
>I've recently discovered that my husband's familiy is
>related to the Edinburgh Sinclair's.
>
>My husband's maternal g.grandmother, Martha A. Apperson, is related on her
>father's side - her paternal g. grandmother was Elizabeth Kerr whose
>paternal
>g.grandmother was Helen Sinclair b. March 16, 1670 in Rosslyn Castle,
>Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland.
>
>I have Helen's parents as James Sinclair b. about 1644 at Rosslyn Castle
>and married to Jean Spotswood (Spottiswoode) b. about 1648.
>
>I have most of the gaps filled in going forward, but would like to fill in
>the
>200 year gap going back to Sir Henry Sinclair.
>
>Any help is greatly appreciated.
>

>Cathy Collins
>iamcathy@email.msn.com
>

>If you will be good enough to send me your address,  I will send you the
>relevant
    pages from "The Sinclairs of the Isles" which will give you the
Spottiswoode link.

    By a strange coicidence, one of my ex-BBC friends is a Spottiswoode and
is, of course,
    well aware of the Sinclair link with her family.  There is also a
Spottiswoode Street in
    Edinburgh where, by another of those coincidences, Euan Sinclair, our
Clan lawyer, used
to live before he moved to Elgin.

Niven Sinclair