Re: Sinclair Genealogy Digest Number 11

Dear Jean,

Jean Grigsby wrote:

> I will not dignify the statement regarding $$$ with a response.  It is an
> insult to every hard-working genealogist in the United States.

I think we might have a slight problem with definition here. To me a
professional genealogist is a person who, as a profession, do research
for other people who wants their family tree "ready-made". Something
like a "gumshoe" that digs in to peoples history and roots and then
makes up a fancy family tree for someone's 90th birthday. I do not mean
historians, researchers or authors like yourself so please I meant no
offense.

Best regards
Lena

PS: a "normal" fee for a three generations tree will be abt 800 $ in
Sweden. If that isn't profit I don't know what is... DS.