new items on the web pages

Here is a brief update on new items in the web pages.
All of them may be found by looking under New in

 http://www.mids.org/sinclair/

After some discussion with Sinclair de la Behottiere, I've split
up the People pages into three sections:

 Medieval Sinclairs, with everyone from the Hermit (yes, I know he
	wasn't a family member) and Rollo through
	Sir John ``James'' Sinclair of Ulbster.
	There is more in the latter's page now.
	(I also note that Scots seem more enthusiastic about
	that particular agricultural ``improver'' than those
	of us colonials who had ancestors who were cleared.
	There's also a separate page on William who died at Teba.
	And Niven's description of how William the Seemly died
	is now in the Seemly's page.

 Modern Sinclairs, starting with Major General Arthur St. Clair
	Why him?  Why late eighteenth century?  Because it currently
	comes out balanced.  Suggestions for a better division are welcome.
	Meanwhile, there is a new page on Upton Beall Sinclair (1878-1968),
	the famous writer.

 Living Sinclairs, currently including Sir Clive Sinclair of the PC
	and a new page on Trevor Sinclair, the footballer.

Further suggestions for notable Sinclairs are welcome.  They don't
have to be famous, rich, or titled, just notable somehow.  To get in,
the main requirement is to send text about the person.  Pictures
are also welcome.

Feel free to put up your own pages about notable Sinclairs.
Or to take over this series of notable Sinclair pages.
I could use the reduced workload.

D'Elayne Coleman has sent some information out the
Prince Henry Sinclair Society of North America and
a picture of the monument to Prince Henry that that
society erected on his landing site in 1996.
I'm going to resubscribe to their newsletter, and I
think everyone else should, too.

Since the battle of Val-es-Dunes seems to be popular these days,
it now has its own web page.

The ever-busy Laurel Fechner has turned up some definitions of
titles of nobility and medieval legal terms that are now in the glossary.

Malcolm Caithness has sent some corrections about the Castle of Mey
and the Queen Mother, which are now in a separate page about that Castle.

Don't forget the books page, which has specs for most of the books
that have been mentioned lately, including how to get them.

The vast majority of the material in these web pages has been sent in by
various Sinclairs and others all over the world, many of them through
the Sinclair discussion list,

 http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html

Finally, to help with the discussion list, Margaret Stokes has put
together some web pages on how to send mail in plain text.  Please do
use them and please remember she has volunteered to help people with
mail problems; just send her mail about them directly to
milamba@milamba.com.

And remember: these web pages were never intended to be the only
Sinclair web pages.  They are more of an overview that should over time
increasingly use links into other pages elsewhere.  Send in URLs for
your own web pages; I will add links to them.

John S. Quarterman, jsq@mids.org