Re: COMPLAIN

Dear Betty,
    I am a looooog way from my Sinclair European roots and it was just to my
Great grandmother that the St. Clair name went.  When I first began an
interest in genealogy I had one of those big 12 generation maps with so many
spaces to fill.  After a few years I began to realize that these were real
people not just spaces to fill.  I noticed also that the St. Clair to
Sinkler to Sinclair line had more than its share of interesting people.  My
Sinklers had numerous relatives besides themselves that aided our country in
the Rev. War.  They cared for our country and I have felt that I am so
thankful that they did that I want to make sure that their story will be
included on our website's Important People List.  The least I can do is to
not forget them and not look upon them as just blanks to fill in.

    Many of us hang around this website passing on stories to keep up our
interest so that we can be available to help people like yourself.  But if
you don't share with us the information and what you are looking for, we
can't do that.  It would be really boring if periodically each of us
recounts our lineage over and over just in the hopes that it might help some
of you who are silently waiting for some genealogical crumb to drop.  IF we
did this then you would REALLY see boredom set in.

 Even the people that connect to my Sinklers lived lives that were there in
the history books.  Charlemagne comes off the line from a marriage in NE, a
Hilton brother to a Mayflower Hilton arrival, the first and second governors
of Mass. Bay colony, people that were scalped in their fields, etc. etc.
Laurel
Portland, OR