new items in the web pages

Here is a brief update on new items in the web pages.
All of them may be found by looking under New in
 http://www.mids.org/sinclair/

Firstly, all of P Sinclair's pictures from St. Clair sur Epte and
from la Behottiere are in the web pages; look under the picture of the well.

>I am going to send the photos to J S Quartermann,

Quarterman, actually; it's not German; it's from the Norman French
Quatremaine, or four hand.

> who can sort the wheat from the chaff.

I just put them all in the web pages and let the viewers sort them out.

Other new items include the new series of People pages (look under People),
which include a separate page for the hermit St. Clair because lumping him
under Normandy was yielding an unwieldy page.

The sketches you will currently find under People are for:
 	The Hermit Saint Clair
 	Rollo the Viking
 	William ``the Seemly'' Sinclair, First Baron of Roslin
 	Prince Henry Sinclair
 	George Sinclair, Sixth Earl of Caithness
 	Major General Arthur St. Clair
 	George Sinclair b. 1807 Thurso d. 1862 Adelaide
 	John Sutherland Sinclair, Seventeenth Earl of Caithness
 	Lord Harris
 	In Memorium Pete Cummings

I'm still looking for somebody else to handle such notable Sinclair pages,
and I'd be happy to hand these over to somebody to put on another server.
But I had so many references to some of these people that it became easier
to split them out into their own pages; plus four of them (Rollo, Henry,
Arthur, and Pete) already had their own pages anyway.

If you are, like I was, having trouble keeping track of all this stuff,
try the new Contents page, which lists all 82 main pages.

There are also 108 pages in the various pictures and newsletter subdirectories,
for 190 total.

The vast majority of the material in these web pages has been sent in by
various Sinclairs and others all over the world, many of them through
the Sinclair discussion list,
 http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html

The past week the most prolific have been Laurel Fechner, Niven Sinclair,
and P Sinclair de la Behottiere.

There is yet more material still waiting in my inbox, and I'm sure there
will be more this week.  I'm afraid I will be a bit slow this week in
working on the web pages, because there are some pressing business items
and side trips coming up, but don't let that stop any of you from posting
to the list.

And remember: these web pages were never intended to be the only
Sinclair web pages.  They are more of an overview that should over time
increasingly use links into other pages elsewhere.  Send in URLs for
your own web pages; I will add links to them.

John S. Quarterman <jsq@mids.org>