Re: George A. Sinclair

At 12:29 01/06/99 -0400, you wrote:

>Recently there was a request on a George A. Sinclair born in Watreloo,
>Illinois. The following information is of record.
>George A.(Almon) Sinclair, born 2 Jan 1885 in Waterloo, Ill, died 17 Jan
>1946. Married Antionette Kuelker. George's sister, Dewella Ruth Sinclair,
>born May 2, 1878, married George Riebeling. Duella Riebeling, daughter of
>Dewella and George was born 23 Sept 1930 in East Carondellet, St.Clair
>County, Illinois, married Henry J. Range in Piggott, Arkansas. Children
>Phyllis, Catherine, Jaqueline, Barbara Sue, Ginger Kay and Eugene were all
>born in East St. Louis, Ill. Catherine and Jaqueline live in Cahokia, Ill.
>George A. Sinclair is the son of Almon Burton Sinclair, born 17 Nov 1850,
>Hanover Twp, Columbiana City, Ohio. married Frances America Fitch, 2 May
>1875, in her parents home in Waterloo, Ill.
>Almon Burton is the son of Levi Miller Sinclair and Elizabeth Myers.
>Levi Miller was born in Columbiana City, Ohio and is the son of David
>Sinclair and Lucy Burton.
>David is the son of George Sinclair and Martha Palmer.
>George is the son of Wayman Sinclair who is the son of Alexander Sinckler.
>This information taken from "A branch of the Sinclair family" by Genealogist
>Marian Kollme Loeschner.(1982)
>[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@jump.net.

Your correspondent in writing about George A Sinclair mentions a Levi
Miller Sinclair as
having been born in Columbiana City, Ohio  who was the son of a David
Sinclair and Lucy
Burton.

As Levi is an unusual first name, I thought it would be of interest to
mention another Levi
Kimball St Clair who was born in Rochester Illinois on 4th October, 1868
who married a
Levina M. Courtney by whom twins were born on 18th April, 1888 named Joseph
Collins and
Zilpha Louise respectively.

Source: New Hampshire Scions from the St Clairs of the Isles

Niven