[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Re: Prince Henry's Seal and Coat of Arms
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Prince Henry's Seal and Coat of Arms
- From: Niven Sinclair <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 21:42:13 +0100
- Cc: email@example.com, Bill Mann <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, Ian Sinclair - Manchester <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Jean Stokes <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Mike Hiland <M.R.Hiland@worldnet.att.net>, email@example.com
- In-Reply-To: <199905232243.RAA09451@akira.aus.us.mids.org>
- References: <Your message of "Sun, 23 May 1999 18:34:06 EDT." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
At 17:43 23/05/99 -0500, you wrote:
>> Niven -----
>>You mention Prince Henry's Seal and Coat of Arms .
>>Is there a picture on any web site of either ???
>Look under History and then under Prince Henry in
>Or, to go straight there:
>Niven or someone will need to say whether what is there is Henry's
>seal or his arms. It's basically the same as what's in the Pohl book.
>John Sinclair Quarterman <email@example.com>
>[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, firstname.lastname@example.org.
>[ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
The seal and the coat of arms are two different things. The coat-of-arms
is already shown
on your web page.
I will send a copy of Henry Sinclair's seal which I found at the
Riksarkivet in Copenhagen
The Chief Archivist was kind enough to arrange to have a mould made so that
I could have
a replica of the seal. This is now at the Sinclair Centre at Noss Head in
Henry's seal like his coat-of-arms is full of symbolism. It tells its own
story just as Henry's
coat-of-arms spells out its own message for those who have the eyes to
interpret its design.
Bill Buehler is the best qualified to explain this to us.
[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, email@example.com.
[ To get off or on the list, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html