Re: Astonishing Sinclair history!

Hi all,

There may not have been so many famous Sinclair's in New Zealand, but
the many who came here as the early settlers they faced so much
struggle heartach. Yet they loved the simplest things in life and it
was those simple joys that gave them strength to face all the
problems.
My nana used to tell of her great grandfather building boats in caves
around the Banks Peninsula in New Zealand. Although there is no
evidence to prove this I have been to the caves and felt such a sence
of familarity and a part of the history that the cave holds.

I have always been facinated by the lives of those early Sinclair
settlers.
Recently I went on the trail of a Sinclair who died in New Zealand in
the 1800's and he was buried on the river bed. He was a doctor or a
Scientist  who died crossing a river.There is a Mt Sinclair named
after this Sinclair.

There is also the Mount Sinclair named after the the Brave Captain
Sinclair and his family. Captain Sinclair died in the 1840's I
believe along with his son on his ship laiden with their and the Hay
Family produce for the year. They were lost at sea.
Poor brave Mrs Sinclair was left behind in a desolate New Zealand
farming area and years later she and the rest of her family sold up
and went to Hawaii. I had the fortune of making contact with a direct
descendant of these fine Sinclair's.

My Sinclair line famous for their fine skills raced and built many
boats and they are still remembered for it so many generations later.

There is John Sinclair who is credited for the original buildings in
a rural settlement called Cheviot.
There are so many Sinclair stories of these brave pioneers in New
Zealands history.

Just some snipets of Sinclair history in New Zealand.

Sincerely Jenny Coster
North Canterbury, New Zealand