Scot Women

The following article appeared in our local newspaper, The Omaha World
Herald, from The Philadelphia Inquirer:

REPORT: WOMEN'S WORK ONCE WAS HEAVY LIFTING

The weaker sex? Forget it.

Ancient skeletons found on a remote island off Scotland showed women did more
heavy manual work than men 400 years ago, a British scientist reports. By
examining the spines of people who lived and died on the island of Ensay
between the 16th and 19th centuries, Joanna Sofaer Deverenski of Cambridge
University says women suffered physically from strenuous labour. "We know
that women did most of the heavy lifting work."

That's it verbatim, cousins. I thought it might be interesting to some of you.

Yours Aye
Johnnye