From: JLG21447@aol.com <JLG21447@aol.com>
To: sinclair@jump.net <sinclair@jump.net>
Date: Thursday, March 11, 1999 12:36 PM
Subject: Re: Castle Sinclair

-------

In my research of Sinclair abodes, Castle Sinclair is mentioned as having been
abandoned in 1679 after an attack that damaged it beyond repair. It is said
the attack was due to a dispute over succession. Could this be succession to
the Earldom of Caithness? Who did the attacking (so I'll know who to scowl at
when I come across their descendants)? Which Sinclair lived there at that
time?

I haven't gone lazy. I have searched the net and can find no answers. It is my
understanding that the last clan battle, the Battle of Altimarlach, took place
between the Sinclairs of Keiss and the Campbells of Glenorchy in 1680. The
dates are close enough, but I don't want to make any assumptions. AND, oooooh,
those bad, bad, Campbells. Teasing, just teasing. As for the Sinclairs, we
never give up even when they huff and puff and blow our house down.

Johnnye
[
http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
[ or send mail to majordomo@jump.net with this single line in the body: