Re: Alexander Sutherland Sinclair of Lybster, Scotland

-------

In message <19990225012441.4090.rocketmail@web509.yahoomail.com>,
Christine Read <readchr13_99@yahoo.com> writes
>[ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
>[ For more information, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
>-------
>
>Hi,
>
>I have just discovered that my great grandfather Alexander Sutherland
>Sinclair was born in Lybster (which I believe is in the Caithness
>area), on 29th August, 1856.  I have also just discovered that his
>father was Thomas Sinclair, a fisherman of Lybster, who married
>Elizabeth Sutherland at Latheron (which I assume is somewhere near
>Lybster), on 29th November 1844.
>
>I am now wondering if the gap between when Thomas and Elizabeth
>married and when Alexander Sutherland Sinclair was born, means that
>there were probably other children born before Alexander?  Does anyone
>have any information on this family or Thomas Sinclair's family please?
>
>Warmest regards,
>
>Christine

Yes, Lybster is a small town in Caithness, south of Wick.  It is very
much a fishing town.  Latheron is just south of it.
Jean Haddow

--
Jean Haddow
[