Re: Is this another hoax?

-------

John:  FYI:  In October, 1998 IBM began charging their customers a surcharge for
dialing up to the internet.  Billing preceeds usage as of the same month, and in
January, 1999, they are starting "roaming charges".  As educators we understood
that we had unlimited access.  I found out last month on my bill a $132. charge
from IBM.  The reason--we had a 100 hour usage plan and I didn't know it.  Lou is
teaching in the Emirates...can you imagine what our e-mail could run??????I spoke
out about ruining the internet, but the rep could have cared less. Obviously, I'm
changing my server, but not yet, until I find out who has IPS security as well as
good service.  IBM is going to get alot of bad press on this one, and I like
Gerstner.

John S. Quarterman wrote:

> [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
> [ For more information, see http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
> -------
>
> >Is there any truth to this that came to me on another discussion group???
> >Laurel]
>
> It's a very old hoax that recirculates every six months or so.
>
> >< Hi All, please pardon this type of post, but I have just heard on CNN
> >where the FCC will make a decision in TWO weeks if to allow a CHARGE equal
> >to a long distant charge to be charged EACH time you logged on the Internet,
> >I know for one this will be the end of my computer genealogy. Please write
> >your
> >congressman.
> >
> >.
> [
> [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@zilker.net.
> [ For subscription, unusubscription, or other instructions, see
> [  http://www.mids.org/sinclair/list.html
> [ or send mail to majordomo@zilker.net with this single line in the body:
> [  info sinclair
> [
> [ To unsubscribe, send a message like this:
> [
> [           To: majordomo@zilker.net
> [
> [           unsubscribe sinclair