Lybster

-------

Hi,
I was reading through some of the Sinclair website and came across the
following:
       Lybster was a major herring port last century with 248 boats and
over 1,000 fishermen using it as their base. Lieut. General Sinclair of
Lybster built the pier. He was one of several "improvers" who,
stimulated by the writings and work of the dynamic Sir John Sinclair,
did so much to improve the economy of Caithness.

I believe my great great great Grandfather William Sinclair was from
there, (Lybster),in about the early 1800's could anyone tell me anything
about  Lieut. General Sinclair of Lybster or any other Sinclairs of
Lybster.
Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks Jenny