new to the list

-------

Hello. I am new to the list, though I have been lurking for a while. My
Sinclair path seems fairly straightforward in the New World: John Sinkler of
Exeter, NH; James; Joseph; Thomas; James; James Jr.; James Julius; George
Arthur; George Howe; and my father, William -- thus my brother and I are the
11th generation here.

I am looking for a few pieces of information, if anyone can help. I have read
what I can find on the net about John Sinkler and wonder whether anyone has
additional clues about where in Scotland he might have been born or lived. I
also have a very tattered xerox copy of a pages of a book that I would like to
identify -- it was found with my uncle's papers when he died, but I have no
way of identifying the book. Chapter VI  (page 65) is entitled "John Sinkler
of Exeter, N.H. and His Descendents."

thanks,  Fiona St.Clair
[
[  info sinclair