about this list, sinclair@zilker.net

Hi-

There seems to be some confusion about how the list, sinclair@zilker.net,
works.  Please permit me to explain.  (Those of you who are familiar
with electronic discussion lists, please bear with me.)

All of you receiving this message have subscribed to the list,
sinclair@zilker.net (also known as sinclair@mids.org).  Any subscriber
can send a new message to the list.  Whenever anyone sends a message to
sinclair@zilker.net, each subscriber receives a copy of that message.
Any subscriber can respond to that message, by sending another message
to sinclair@zilker.net.  This way list subscribers can discuss topics of
interest to the list.  For that matter, the topics that are of interest
to the list are determined by the discussion in the list.

Possible topics may include, but are not limited to:
 * genealogical questions,
 * Sinclair family history,
 * events that Sinclairs are likely to attend, such as Highland Games,
 * the 600th anniversary celebration of Prince Henry Sinclair's voyage,
 * places Sinclairs came from, such as Caithness, Orkney, or Normandy.

I would like to encourage list subscribers to copy answers to such questions
to the list, rather than responding only to the person who asked the question.
That way, other interested parties on the list may find additional information.

Please note, once again, that what gets discussed in the list is determined
by the members of the list.  I am not a moderator; I do not decide what
gets posted or not.  I merely set up and maintain the mechanics of the list.
The content of the list is up to you, the subscribers.

Appended is the usual introductory information.  It will be sent to the list
periodically, and you can also get a copy at any time by sending mail to
majordomo@zilker.net with the single line
	info sinclair
in the body of the message.

Feel free to suggest modifications or additions to the introductory message.

Thanks,
John
--
John S. Quarterman <jsq@mids.org>
President, Matrix Information and Directory Services (MIDS)

This is the electronic mailing list

    sinclair@zilker.net

It is a mailing list for the extended Sinclair family.  All
relatives of the Sinclair family, including those with surnames
spelled St. Clair, Sinkler, and others, are invited to
participate.

     Members of Clan Sinclair U.S.A. are especially invited to
participate, as are our cousins in Canada, U.K., Australia, New
Zealand, South Africa, and other parts of the world.

     To subscribe, send a message like this:

          To: majordomo@zilker.net
          Subject: whatever

          subscribe sinclair

When you subscribe, please also post a message to
sinclair@zilker.net describing your relation to one of these
families.

     To unsubscribe, send a message like this:

          To: majordomo@zilker.net

          unsubscribe sinclair

The list is archived, and the archives are available to list
members.  For the appropriate Majordomo commands to retrieve
them, send mail to majordomo@zilker.net with the word "help" in
the body (not subject) of the message.

     These WWW pages lead to much material and other WWW pages
about Sinclairs:

   http://www.mids.org/sinclair/
   http://kingcrest.com/sinclair/

Each of those pages also points to a web form for subscribing to
and unsubscribing from the list.

                 Last changed: 97/12/23 16:42:19