James of PA.

I am searching for the parents of James Sinclair, born in July, 1808,
possibly in York County, Pennsylvania or maybe Maryland.  He married
Catherine Shaul.  They had the following children:
     Margaret married to  James Gibney
     Sarah A.  died at 1 year of age
     John L. married Isabell Hughes
     James C. married Phoebe McGee
     Joseph S. died at age 19
     William married Catherine McGee  (My great grandfather)
     Rachel Ann married John Zealor
     Mary E. died age 12

Most of the descendents still live in York county but no one seems to know
the parents of James.  He reportedly had 2 brothers with whom he had come to
York from Baltimore.  This is the family story but I do not find record of
him in Maryland either.  Any help or clues would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bee Flagg
texchic@flash.net