[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Well, I'm Scandinavian..... and I must say there are a lot of things believed to bring good luck or fortune to us but I have never ever heard of a cock bringing anything but trouble..... ;-) Lena in Sweden (Sweden and Norway was ones a united country) SusanG1400@aol.com wrote: > > Dear Neil, > > Since 1995 I have been setting up Clan Sinclair booths at Celtic and > Scottish festivals in Virginia. At one of these festivals, someone told me > that the cock (rooster) is the Scandinavian symbol of good fortune. A > Frenchwoman I know told me the cock is the symbol of the Kings of France. > Since the Sinclairs are half French and half Norwegian Viking it seems to me > that the cock symbol comes from both Scandinavia (Norway, Denmark and Sweden) > and France. I do not know in what year the cock symbol was first used on the > Sinclair crest. > [ Excess quotations omitted. ] [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html