[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Dear Ian, this happens to be my line so I'll enclose what I have on the to first generations (I have a lot more but as you just asked for children of James .....) Best regards Lena Descendants of James I of Murkle Sinclair Generation No. 1 1. JAMES I OF MURKLE13 SINCLAIR (JOHN MASTER OF CAITHNESS12, GEORGE II11, JOHN10, WILLIAM9, WILLIAM8, HENRY7, HENRY6, WILLIAM5 SAINT-CLAIR, WILLIAM4, HENRY3, WILLIAM2, ROBERT1 DE SAINT-CLAIR) was born Abt. 1580, and died 1633. He married ELIZABETH STUART, daughter of ROBERT STUART and JEAN KENNEDY. Notes for JAMES I OF MURKLE SINCLAIR: Frequently enumerated as a Suitor of Court More About JAMES I OF MURKLE SINCLAIR: Occupation: sheriff of Caithness Notes for ELIZABETH STUART: Stuart or Stewart? Children of JAMES SINCLAIR and ELIZABETH STUART are: 2. i. FRANCIS14 SINCLAIR, d. 1666, Bergs gamla kyrka, Berg (G). 3. ii. JAMES II OF MURKLE SINCLAIR, b. 1610. and John 1 of Assery, not son of Elisabeth, natural son of James iii. JOHN I OF ASSERY SINCLAIR. Generation No. 2 2. FRANCIS14 SINCLAIR (JAMES I OF MURKLE13, JOHN MASTER OF CAITHNESS12, GEORGE II11, JOHN10, WILLIAM9, WILLIAM8, HENRY7, HENRY6, WILLIAM5 SAINT-CLAIR, WILLIAM4, HENRY3, WILLIAM2, ROBERT1 DE SAINT-CLAIR) died 1666 buried in the old church of Berg, (G), Sweden. He married (2) REGINA HENDERSON. He married (1) JANET (JOEN) SUTHERLAND 19 July 1621, daughter of ALEXANDER SUTHERLAND AV FORSE. Notes for FRANCIS SINCLAIR: Swedish noble nr 444 (1649, 30th January), took part in the 30-year war before 1621, returned to Scotland but where once more enrolled to Swedish military duty in 1629. In 1630, captain in the MacKays regiment. In order to enrol more Scottish militaries he went back to Scotland not to be back in Sweden until 1632 as captain at Monros of Obstells regiment. Retired in 1646 and received a state pension There's much more to read about him if you like. More About FRANCIS SINCLAIR: Occupation: Coronel in the "German Wars" More About FRANCIS SINCLAIR and JANET SUTHERLAND: Marriage: 19 July 1621 Children of FRANCIS SINCLAIR and REGINA HENDERSON are: 4. i. JACOB15 SINCLAIR, b. Scotland; d. Bet. 10 Jan 1658/59 - 14 Aug 1659, Elbing, Germany. ii. REGINA SINCLAIR, d. Aft. 23 September 1672; m. JOHAN BURDON; d. 15 June 1665. iii. CHRISTINA SINCLAIR, d. 1681; m. (1) FREDRIK ROTKIRCH; d. 1696; m. (2) DANIEL JÖNSSON STRUTZ, 18 august 1668, Stockholm; d. 1672. Swedish noble nr 175 took the name Strussflycht nr 443 More About DANIEL STRUTZ and CHRISTINA SINCLAIR: Marriage: 18 augusti 1668, Stockholm Children of FRANCIS SINCLAIR and JANET SUTHERLAND are: iv. JAMES15 SINCLAIR, d. Died s.p. at birth v. AGNES SINCLAIR, m. JOHN MACKAY OF DIRLOT AND STRATHY. 3. JAMES II OF MURKLE14 SINCLAIR (JAMES I OF MURKLE13, JOHN MASTER OF CAITHNESS12, GEORGE II11, JOHN10, WILLIAM9, WILLIAM8, HENRY7, HENRY6, WILLIAM5 SAINT-CLAIR, WILLIAM4, HENRY3, WILLIAM2, ROBERT1 DE SAINT-CLAIR) was born 1610. He married (1) MARGARET DUNDAS. She was born Bef. 1634. He married (2) JEAN STEWART 1634 in Contract signed October 1634, daughter of WILLIAM STEWART OF BURRAY. More About JAMES II OF MURKLE SINCLAIR: Occupation: Knight II of Murkle More About JAMES SINCLAIR and JEAN STEWART: Marriage: 1634, Contract signed October 1634 Children of JAMES SINCLAIR and JEAN STEWART are: i. JEAN15 SINCLAIR, b. Maj. 1692. More About JEAN SINCLAIR: Christening: 18 Maj. 1692, Named as eldest in maternal disposition. ii. MARY SINCLAIR, m. (1) GEORGE SINCLAIR OF FORSS; m. (2) WILLIAM SUTHERLAND OF GEISE. iii. ANNE SINCLAIR, m. ALEXANDER SINCLAIR OF STEMSTER AND LATHERON. More About ANNE SINCLAIR: Title: Mistress of Stemster iv. BARBARA SINCLAIR, m. JAMES CUNNINGHAM OF GEISE AND REASTER. More About BARBARA SINCLAIR: Title: Mistress of Geise v. KATHERINE SINCLAIR, m. WALTER INNES OF SKAILL. 5. vi. JOHN III OF MURKLE SINCLAIR, b. Abt. 1640; d. 1705. 6. vii. DAVID OF BROYNACH SINCLAIR, d. Bet. 1713 - 1716. [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html