[an error occurred while processing this directive]
>... > >I do not know if anyone wept when a "witch" was "wirried and brint," although >I suspect tears may have been shed by someone. But I do know that there was n >o poet present to record the accomplishments of our noble ancestors on those p >articular days. More's perhaps the pity. During the similar witchcraft trials in New England in 1692, some of my ancestors testified for the "witches" (who were in retrospect all Christians) The witches were hanged anyway. My ancestors moved three years later. There were people present to record those Salem Witchcraft Trials. It's astonishing to read how many otherwise rational people believed the accusations of deluded children and disgruntled neighbors. Until you remember for example the day care trials of the 1980s.... I'm not sure what this goes to show, other than the witchcraft trials were an international phenomenon, and one that isn't dead yet. >All Best! > >Jeff Nisbet >Reader of the Lost Stone John S. Quarterman <jsq@quarterman.org> [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html