[an error occurred while processing this directive]
At 13:47 27/06/2001 -0700, Laurel wrote: >Dear Cousins, > I do not remember if we discussed the LDS 1880 census CD's that are on >the market now. I thought this sounded like a great tool for research but >after talking to a friend who has purchased the set, I would like to warn >anyone thinking about buying them. [...] I'd like to add another example to that: My great great grandfather John Patrick St.Clair is shown as age 51 on these disks. I was suspicious after seeing the handwritten 1891 entry that showed him as 71 (still very difficult to see when they happen to obliterate the "age" column with a huge tick or cross!) I was able to check the original handwritten 1881 entry in Aberdeen in April, and sure enough he was 61. Beware - they are a _great_ tool, but not to be relied upon entirely as the only source of information. This I hope does not detract from the good job the LDS has done in bringing this resource to our home desktops, a massive task to say the least. Cheers, Ian Newman Perth, Western Australia [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html