[an error occurred while processing this directive]
on 6/12/01 12:33 PM, labehotierre at labehotierre@wanadoo.fr wrote: > Vous êtes correct. Le 6 Commandant est " Thou shall not kill ". There are no > qualifications. > > The old testament says "And surely your blood of your lives will I require; > at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the > hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man. Whoso sheddeth > man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he > man." (Genesis 9:5,6) > > "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come > to destroy, but to fulfil." (Matthew 5: 17) > [ Excess quotations omitted. ] The scripture actually means--thou shall not commit pre meditated murder. The " thou shall not kill" , taken to the enth degree, would mean even animals and war. [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html