[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Hello Iain, You don't say which side of the ocean you are on. I take it in N. Ireland. There are sources there that are easier to access than I might from here. Secondly, there were two waves of settlement to Northern Ireland. The first wave was about 1608 or so, with Cromwell the sponsor. The second wave was the "Plantation". I suspect the Sinclair family may just have come there because they are seafaring people and a chance to take part of moving goods from one side of the Irish Sea to the other and then to America and also Europe. There was tremendous shipping between Scotland, England, Ireland and Europe. Get some reading under your belt and see what was going on. Try GENUKI Ireland/Scotland and see what turns up. Parish names in both Ireland and Scotland are a must. Edinburgh Registry will be helpful, but need specific information. Ditto in Belfast. I'm doing my looking from the American side. It isn't always easy. regards, Sally [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html