[an error occurred while processing this directive]
We have quite a few John A.'s and more than one J.A. if you can give a few more details I will look. It will take a while this is a bloody great pile of paper and I am no genealogist, but I am literate. We are trying to compile a record of Sinclairs who served especially those who fell. The Brits, Canadians, Australians, South Africans, Norwegians, Poles, Germans and the American Navy and Army have been most helpful. The United States Marines said, words to the effect that, it was to time consuming to supply names to honour their dead. I anyone has any information please send it to us off list. We have a Malcolm I. Sinclair born in Scotland, a citizen of Massachusetts, commissioned into the US Navy who served on the USS Constitution and in both the American Rebellion and the War of 1812. Perhaps Lord Caithness is the original Highlander and just not telling us Sinclair -----Original Message----- From: kevin and rika <kevrik@shaka.com> To: sinclair@quarterman.org <sinclair@quarterman.org> Date: 03 June 2001 21:16 Subject: Sinclair Naval Records >I'd be quite interested in learning about these records and what they >contain. My g-g-grandfather John Albert Sinclair served in the Civil War [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html