[an error occurred while processing this directive]
I'd be quite interested in learning about these records and what they contain. My g-g-grandfather John Albert Sinclair served in the Civil War Navy 1864-5 and I have some information about him from his pension (he was in the Army also). When I wrote to the NARA about Naval records, they said they were too fragile to work with. He may have been on the San Jacinto when it was wrecked, and also served on the Clyde and Honduras in the East Gulf Blockade Squadron as a coal heaver. Mahalo and take care, Kevin PS- Anyone interested in the CW Navy should check out "Life in Mr. Lincoln's Navy" by Dennis Ringle. Records of the Civil War Navy (including ship descriptions) and Army can be found (and searched) here: http://cdl.library.cornell.edu/moa/ [ This is the Sinclair family discussion list, sinclair@quarterman.org [ To get off or on the list, see http://sinclair.quarterman.org/list.html